Outdoor Science School at Mount Hermon.
Exploratorium, Academy of Sciences, and San Francisco Symphony.
- Language Arts: Students study various kinds of reading materials including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and fables. They study the parts of speech and practice their language skills by writing sentences, paragraphs, essays, and short stories. They learn the writing process by doing research projects. Students learn and use their spelling and vocabulary words in writing assignments. Our language arts program includes reading, phonics, vocabulary, grammar, spelling, handwriting, creative writing, and public speaking.
- Math: Students learn to master their math facts, study math theory, and apply math skills in word problems using Saxon Math curriculum.
- Science: Students study of biology, physiology, environmental science, physical and earth science, meteorology and astronomy in the upper grades.
- Social Studies: Students study Europe during the Middle Ages, Native Americans, exploration, and the settling and development of the United States.
- Bible: The Old and New Testament are taught including application of Biblical principles to our lives and memorization of scripture verses.
- Spanish: Students are taught the Spanish alphabet, days of the week, counting, common expressions and beginning vocabulary.
- Physical Education