Alameda Christian School (ACS) is an independent private school located on the beautiful island city of Alameda, California. ACS has provided a quality education for students from Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade since 1944. Children are encouraged to discover and develop their gifts and talents in our small classrooms. Come and experience our family-like atmosphere!
If you are considering a Christian education for your child, please join us for an Open House on Tuesday, February 17. Drop in any time between 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. and visit our classrooms in session. We will also hold an Open House on the 3rd Tuesday of March.
- To provide an academic community where teaching and learning are highly esteemed
- To help students master essential skills at all levels and in all subject areas
- To instill the joy of learning
- To help children develop a Christian approach to studies and to life.
- To provide opportunities for students’ gifts and talents to mature.
What We Offer
- Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten program
- Extended Care before and after school
- Average class size of 10 students
- Outdoor education
- Spirit Week
- Fine Arts Festival
- Music including African drumming
- Field trips
- Science Fair
- Community service projects
- Safe and caring environment
Grades: Transitional Kindergarten through 8th
Number of students: 48
Student to teacher ratio: 10 to 1
School day: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Membership: Christian Schools International
Financial aid: BASIC Fund, school based
Extended Day Care: yes
Standardized testing: yes